Thursday, October 18, 2007

Our Site's Improved!

Subscribe for free!

Fall is definitely in the air! Have you been to the site lately? I know most of you receive the blog postings in your inbox, and that's why I'm inviting you to see the changes in the site whenever you can!

Click either the gray title (Traveling 12 Feet) or the Title of the post (for this case, "Our Site's Improved!") in your email and it will take you there. Of course, you can type 12feet.blogspot.com in your browser as well.

Here are the changes:
1. We are W-I-D-E-R-!!!! <-------------------> Yes, you asked for more horizontal space in the body and so we're giving it to you: More space means less scrolling down!
2. Also, we've installed a few fun things in the site.

- There's a Visitor Locations Map that tells you what part of the world visitors are coming from, that looks like the one on the left.
Now, I'd love to see more dots from more places in the world in the following days. Why not add your country or state now?


- There's also a Live Traffic Feed (and no I don't mean this) that tells you in real-time where you're from and how you got here. Look for this cool program on the lower right side of the blog! See if it really does tell you where you're coming from!

- Your comments now appear on the upper right side of the page! Keep them coming, we always appreciate hearing back from you!

- And in case you haven't noticed, we've been rotating the header photos with shots of places we've been to. (Click here to see the current header). The active photo is from one of our favorite spots, which is actually very close by: Pacifica (the best view of the Pacific ocean in the Bay Area - and best place to surf, too!) Along with that, we will be posting a gallery of photos; a collection of the best pictures Chris and I have ever taken! These things won't be included in the regular posts that come to your inbox, so make sure you check the blog site every now and then!

- Finally, we have fellow travelers (who are subscribers like you!) sharing with us what it's like to experience not only America, but the rest of the world as well (yes, it exists!). Please check out Dave Ford Does Earth (Dave Ford) and Alaska Tripping (Louis Matarelli). You can see their links (which I created especially for them) at the bottom of the blog site. We hope to inspire people to travel and learn more about the world, your country, even the town you live in; expand horizons and broaden your understanding. Like everything else, the more you know about this world, the better you can improve it and the way you live in it.





Oh, and one last thing. Guys, help me wish Chris a Very Happy Birthday!!!! (Oct. 19)



Not a subscriber? Not a problem. Click the subscribe button and enter your email address to verify. It's simple, safe, private, and it would mean a lot knowing that you're there supporting us. After you've verified your email, you will receive our blog post directly in your inbox, and you don't even need to go to the site. Thank you!

8 comments:

Dave Ford said...

digging the wider format. I am actually overhauling my whole site and taking it to word press. And yes, I too collect state quarters. Except, I am way behind. I used to have a board hanging on my wall. I am a huge dork.

Peace out. Happy Birthday Chris.

Matter said...

Great! looking good. Thanks for the link to my blog and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to Chris!

Anonymous said...

Fascinating stuff and cheers to your success!!

Wishing Chris the happiest of birthdays!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday CHRIS!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you big Bro, Chris Foley on October 19th! Daddy Curtis, Mom & I have all been thinking about you sweeetie pie! My Verizon High Speed Internet is down, so I am at a friend's house now taking care of my Internet business.

Big Hugs & we all miss you 2! Hope to see you soon!

Lots of Luvs and Laughter--Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Chris!

Anonymous said...

Are you guys in Alaska?
When you coming to New York?
I moved into the house I bought in August. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris!

NEWER POST OLDER POSTS HOME