Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rikki & Chris at LonelyPlanet.tv (Fox,too) - watch the video!

Hahaha!!! I was thrilled after logging in lonelyplanet.tv and finding our video on the homepage!!! This was from a previous trip but I thought it was worth mentioning here (yeah, yeah, no one reads this) but it's nice to keep this as a time capsule, anyway.

A month back when I uploaded the video, Rebecca Peniston-Bird, Lonely Planet.tv producer wrote me an email saying how much she liked the video, particularly my "sense of humour".
We had a few email exchanges and I told her that there'd probably be more since we are going to travel in the near future. I promised to keep her and the website updated.

What I didn't realize was that in the vid, I said "antelopes" (GASP!) yes, with an S. My grade school teacher told me about "reindeer" but failed to mention about antelopes - oops, there, I did it again.

Anyway, go see the video, log on to lonelyplanet.tv and see if it's still on the main page. If not make a search for "nevada" and it's the one titled "High Deserts/High Spirits", or CLICK HERE to see the video. Can you vote and make it a favorite? That would be swell.

Thanks a bunch!
PS- the selections on their website change/rotate of course, so I captured my monitor screen and pasted it up there for you to see :-)
It feels good to be picked by the staff and the viewers at the same time! :-)

2 comments:

Melanie Westerberg said...

Rikki, this is so cool! You know I spend about an hour a day on the Lonely Planet website and have spent innumerable hours with the LP books, so I'm starstruck.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mel! I miss you :(
We love LP books and tv shows!

NEWER POST OLDER POSTS HOME